Final round boy names...

Little boy names

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

She has a good heart

So Edith was eating dinner tonight and I had to watch Edith and Thomas both for a few minutes. Edith said that she wanted to get down and so I put Thomas down so that I could wipe her off. So I went to put Thomas down and as soon as he was put on the ground he started to yell his displeasure. At that same moment I hear a bang and an 'uh-oh' from Edith.

I go back and see Edith has gotten a big piece of watermelon and dropped it all over the floor. From one end of the room to the other. Watermelon everywhere, baby screaming. I look at her and I say 'dang it Edee'  and start to clean up the watermelon. Thomas is still yelling. While I am scrubbing the floor Edith says to me "When I get older, I will make papa a big dinner, and I will cut him some watermelon. If he drops watermelon on the floor I will clean it up for him."

Then when I got her down she went over to Thomas and looked at him and played with him so that he stopped crying while I finished cleaning.

2 comments:

UncleMikeShell said...

And now thanks to this way back machine called the internets, it may actually happen. We will have to pull this up at some graduation party or something.

She is a good kid.

Anonymous said...

Love it. She is a great girl and as well a great granddaughter. Love, Mom/donna/grmact