God's providence.


I
thought you all would appreciate a story about God's providence. We
are "raising" some passionfruit butterflies from the caterpillar stage
to butterfly. These (like most butterflies) eat only one type of plant.
In this case the passionfruit vine. And eat they do.. We had collected
three caterpillars to allow to turn into cocoons (and then into
butterflies) leaving many of their brothers and sisters out on the
vines. During a late night run for some more leaves I accidentally
brought in a tiny caterpillar (small enough that I was a bit afraid in
could climb out of the holes in the lid). So there we were with
four..and one very small one with the food source outside dwindling
fast. The three older caterpillars all cocooned up ( in fact in the
middle of typing this the first of them just emerged as a butterfly!!!).
Back to the story..Well the leaves were all gone from the passionfruit
in the garden and here we were with a caterpillar who needed about a
week and a half of food. That day I was walking in the front yard by
the fence and what did I spy a passionfruit plant which must have been
deposited by a bird. I seems to be just enough leaves to get us to the
cocoon stage of the last caterpillar (which should happen in the next
day or two at the most). I just thought you ladies would enjoy the story
No comments:
Post a Comment