Final round boy names...

Little boy names

Sunday, December 15, 2013

First Ballet Show for Edith... the Nutcracker

Edith and I (Beth) went to the Chattanooga Ballet today to see the seasonal favorite The Nutcracker.  She has been watching it so often on the tv (Royal Ballet version) and I wanted her to see it in person.

Some of the highlights from the afternoon

"Mama .. that is a really big TV" Talking about the stage

"Are all of those real people.. are the really there.. is the snow real?" She was so excited about it all.

"when will I be old enough to dance in the nutcracker"

Beth-- My favorite dance was the flower dance what was yours
Edith-- I loved them all (in a truly rapacious voice)

She sat on my lap for almost all of the performance as she is pretty short and couldn't see over the heads in front of her. The only time she didn't was because she just couldn't help herself and she had to get down and stand up  and do a really small dance at her seat.. which was fine as we were at the very very very back of the concert hall with our backs to the wall.

She came out of it with a Clara crown (seen above) and a Christmas tree decoration of a ballet slipper with a mouse in it. All in all a successful Mama -Daughter Date. 

PS.. We also both got to wear "fancy" jewels so that was well received by the small female in our midsts.

No comments: