Final round boy names...
Little boy names
Sunday, July 27, 2014
You should return things the way you found them
So Mike and I kept the kids this afternoon so that the girls could go out and gallivant. We watched the little mermaid (well Edith watched about half of it but that is another story) and T took a nap for 2 hours (he is fighting a head cold). When T got up from his nap he was a happy little boy who then missed his mommy. So he asked and I put on a little einsteins to help with T missing his mom.
So the ladies came back and I took Mike out to get some coffee (foreshadowing). Coffee was obtained and all were happy. When we came back Beth asked me 'Did you feed Thomas anything black?' to which I replied no. T had black stuff in the corner of his mouth at this point so I asked him. T 'what was the last things you ate?'
T: black pea
Me: a black pea, where did you get a black pea?
T: over there (points to the kitchen)
Me: can you show me where you got the black pea?
T takes off toward the kitchen and points up at the coffee maker. This is also where the unground coffee beans are kept. I pick one up and ask him: is this what you ate
T: yes, black pea
So while I was gone T ate a coffee bean. This was certainly not the state in which I had left my son, nor was it the way I wanted him returned to me. In related news a 2 year old cracked out from eating a coffee bean is difficult to keep up with. So I am going to go and rest. He is still banging away there in his crib right now. More to follow on parenting a 2 year old who ate a coffee bean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment