Final round boy names...

Little boy names

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Things I will miss about Carolina

So when we visit and talk to friends we often focus on the bad things here in Carolina such as the mediocre job and how we were treated there, the distance from family, and the lack of a quality BBQ establishment (BBQ is problem in South Carolina it is not a North Carolina problem I should point out). However, there are lots of great things here too, such as the long growing season and the quality/quantity of things you can grow here. Going back to the red clay of North Georgia/East Tennessee I will only be able to dream of the agricultural opportunities that are here in Carolina.

The closeness to the beach: we have really enjoyed going to the beach as a family; plus it is great to have a place to go when my allergies are bad, no pollen at the beach! As a bizarre aside there are very few similarities between my wife (Beth) and my mother (Julia Merrie); however, they both share a love of observing/tormenting all the critters on the beach such as fish, crab, mollusks, etc.
So it is quite normal for me to be walking down the beach and think 'Good God what is she messing with now'; I am sure Edee Ann will follow in their foot steps. And yes there was more fish herding tonight at the beach. Future mollusk tormentor pictured below.


Speaking of fish, that is one of the other things we love about here, is all of the fresh seafood. The fish and shrimp are wonderful, plus I really like the way they do hush puppies here. Also Carolina has the best sunset anywhere, they are fantastic.

So there are a number that I like about here. I have always wanted to live on the coast and I am glad that I have. The Tennessee Valley is my once and future home, but in the right situation I could see coming back to Carolina. So Carr keep one eye open for me.

Finally, I leave you with a photo that Beth wanted to use in little Edith's room when we get to Tennessee. In the making of the photo below a teva was harmed, several mollusks were inconvenienced, and a number of small fish were annoyed.


Hope all is well with y'all, and a happy birthday to Mr. Miles Martin and a belated happy 10th anniversary to Eric and Jackie McDowell!! - Shüg

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I am still mourning the fact that we have not seen her yet!!! Miss you guys!

Ang and Mike said...

Awesome pic for Edee's room!