Final round boy names...

Little boy names

Sunday, October 10, 2010

King Cotton

So we made the trip to Prater's mill, just south of Cohutta to see my granfather's (Earl Shugart) cotton gin. I remember much of this from when I was a small child and visiting every year after Earl gave the cotton gin to prater's mill. This cotton gin provided for my family for many many years operating up to the 1960's. My grandfather's brothers J. H. Shugart (the man who I was named after) and W. L. Shugart (the cotton tags in the pic below were from from him) were in business with him.
It was fun to see all of the old farm equipment, and to be reminded how we here in The South lived and died upon the cotton crop. It was nice to share some good family history with Beth and Edee. Hope all is well with y'all --Shüg

edit: Prater's mill is a arts and crafts festival in GA, probably should add that

No comments: