Final round boy names...

Little boy names

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sick days with Edith

So Edith and I have been quarantined to part of the house b/c we are both sick with the flu (she shared it with me, how nice) so we have been spending a lot of time together and playing a lot when we have the energy. Here are some of the highlights of today

  • We played school and Edith was the teacher and I was the student. We had snack where Edith said grace, very cute/funny, and then for the actual school part we learned a song about balloons. (I think Edith has gotten a balloon about everyday this week)
  • Edith asked me: how many kids do you have?
    Me: Papa has just 2 kids that he loves very much
    Edith: I would like for you and mama to have more kids
  • We baked lots of cakes, played with balloons, and watched lots of maus
  • Edith said that she would share with me the peppermint paddy that Beth got for me (John) as my treat, how generous
  • She said she wanted to go to the grocery store, I told her that we could not b/c we were both sick, so we made a pretend grocery store and got all the things we wanted. 
  • Finally, at the end of the day when I was just done. Edith and i were having 'snack' at school again and I just laid down and closed my eyes.
    Edith said 'papa you can't lay down'.
    I replied 'papa is having nap time'.
    Edith lets out a loud whine of NOOooooo!.
    'No whining' I said 'what does whining get you?'.
    'Nothing' Edith said back very disheartened
    'What do you need to do instead?' I asked
    At that point she ran over and started beating on my belly with both hand while I lay on the ground, I guess that sweet little girl does have some Shugart in her after all. 

No comments: