Final round boy names...

Little boy names

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Fun


We had a wonderful weekend in Charleston. We were there for restaurant week, and the first night went to Hyman's, then Magnolia's, and a greek place for dinner on the way home. All of it was great, but hyman's was a Glorious feast fit for Gods and Warriors! That place has the best fish dishes anywhere.

Saturday night we went to the Charleston Symphony, and it was fun. (I was lazy and pasted the program below)

Rossini, Overture to William Tell
Mendelssohn, Violin Concerto
Beethoven, Symphony No. 6 (“Pastorale”)

The William Tell overture was good and Beth's favorite. Although, the conductor seemed several beats ahead through most of it and then was just spastic the second half. If you are trying to look cool then being spastic with a bald on top mullet is not a strategic move in coolnesss. The Mendelssohn was fine, and I like the Beethoven best. The baby liked the end of the William Tell overture and the first movement of Beethoven's 6th the best. So she has good taste.

We made a trip out to Fort Sumter, the photo at the top is Charleston from the boat as we were coming back to the harbor. The boat ride was great, we saw dolphins and pelicans fishing for their dinner. We also stopped by the straw market, and made a trip to the Hunley. At the Hunley museum I saw this feat of strength


(the video is a bit squished due to my poor video editing abilities, but I am working on them)


Truly impressive. We enjoyed all the city had to offer, and as I am very tired from our weekend out. Hope all is well with y'all, I'm going to bed. - Shug

No comments: