
So Edee had her first Thanksgiving, and we spend it in Ohio with Beth's family. We had a good time and Edee enjoyed seeing her cousins; particularly Brooke and Emily. What made it particularly significant for me was that I sat at the table in the picture above with my wife and daughter. Between trips to this table, just in my life, there was the death of my parents; several lawsuits; a BS, an MS, and a PhD; several moves from Rome to Atlanta including stops in Charlottesville, Virginia; Conway, South Carolina and finally Tennessee; trips to Europe, Asia, and Africa; several girlfriends who
thought they were going to marry me, 3 weddings (all to the same wonderful person), a daughter, over 17 years, and
finally, a horrible yellow coat of paint, a thick coat of varnish and one dedicated father in law (Thank you Jerry).
Ultimately, the last time I sat at this table it was with my grandmother Edith Ball. It was in her house that I spent a large portion of my childhood, and many of my happiest memories of that time revolve around her and the time we spent at this table. Little did I know that the next time I would sit at the table would be with my daughter Edith. It is fun to reflect on all that has happened in between and to have the continuity that only children can bring.
Finally, a picture of our happy little girl. hope y'all are having a great break. - -Shüg
1 comment:
Awww! This one actually brought a tear to my eye, John!
Post a Comment